Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been out to pine falls lately, Never been there but thinking of going in the next week or two. I only got a small boat so probably just fish from shore. Just wondering how the bite is right now, been struggling to get a decent amount of walleye, hoping Pine falls will yield better results.

·
Banned
5,470 Posts
Anyone been out to pine falls lately, Never been there but thinking of going in the next week or two. I only got a small boat so probably just fish from shore. Just wondering how the bite is right now, been struggling to get a decent amount of walleye, hoping Pine falls will yield better results.

Don't need to go Far .. Small boat you can do good with travel... I have seen canoe's and 12 foot tiners and been in ...:D:D:D

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
Watch the forecast, especially the wind. I've been on there when it was like glass and other times with whitecaps. In all cases, there are some good spots near shore as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I thought I had heard it was rough water and lots of rock hazards, so wasn't sure about taking the boat

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
Depends where you're planning on going....some folks call of Traverse Bay "Pine Falls"...some just consider the Wpg R tail waters, before it flows past Bruyere Pt./Two Hearts Pt. Pine Falls.... Traverse is a huge bay, lots to hit out there, especially on the east side, way more than the Navionics chip will show you.

If you're talking about launching at the old mill ramp and staying in the river, it's 'usually' not too rough in there, but there still are rock hazards to be aware of.

I think it's a bit foolish for someone to describe where rock hazards are on the net, so I won't attempt it. There arent a ton of hazards in the river, but it only takes one to ruin your season (or worse).

Ideally, you have GPS with the appropriate map chip, or minimum, a paper map/chart with the same info as here-- https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#[email protected]&key=eutsHx%60jjQ

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
There are several big rocks/ rock configurations that are marked on Navionics. Also, others like what appeared to be a tree stump we saw relatively close to shore that isn't. It was big enough to easily chew through a prop but because the water level was low we could see it. This is definitely not a body of water to attempt without an up-to-date map chip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts