Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

Do you use a Permi Or Portable

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Really?
So you've never said "BAN PERMIES"??? :eek: :shock:
I like them all.....it's about keeping warm and comfortable,and making the best out of our long cold winters while trying to catch a fish.
People litter...not shacks.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
930 Posts
I would love to have a permi on LOW. One big enough to have bunks and a biffy so a few beers or ryes would be legal. Stay out all weekend.

It is hard to beat a portable when you want to fish many places and not just one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Portable for sure. I have had a Permi on the Red before and it was nothing but a pain.
It was always broken into, firewood stolen etc, etc. With my Portable, an Otter Team Wild 3 man flip over style I can go anywhere, and if the fish are not biting just pack up and move.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
I've had to clean up alot after portable users too....people just create alot of garbage in general. As long as I'm on the ice, not freezing and catching fish im pretty much happy in anything. both have benefits, as for lake winnipeg a portable is a must in my opinion seeing as mobility is key (even though no1 in my fishing party likes moving)

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
BAN THE PERMIES!!!!!!!!

lol

I prefer the portables

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
MNTMAN said:
LOL TM....starting trouble already.....LOL! :ice:
lmao @ MNTMAN

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Yeah, Portables all the way,Mobility is the key on catching fish on our local waters. Too much BS in owning a permie locally, Red River,, LK WPg. But if u can get away with the cozy comforts of a permie,, I'm Jealous, Home away from home :ice:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts