Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all wanting to put my father in law on some fish this Saturday.. He has been hearing the pelican is on fire so he suggested we try there. I've never fished there before. Just looking for some helpful hints as to where to find fish and what they've been hitting on as well as a recent report from stephenfield I've fished there a few times and done pretty well earlier this year... Let me know what my best option for putting fish in the bag is for this weekend... Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had Stephenfield all to myself today, launched the boat about 10 and left around 3. The perch bite was hot right from the start, used everything from 1/8oz jigs w/ crawlers, small cranks, Bro bloodworms and all those tiny ice fishing jigs that Northland tackle makes etc. Had a couple small Pike take the cranks as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have heard some good things for Pelican... Its not my physical experience but I am heading there this weekend as well.. I had talked to a few people that went last weekend, they caught up to 25 walleye or so, wouldn't give me a location though. I have been told that little cleo's have been a hit as well as jigs. Once again, this was based off of their experience, not mine.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Marina, or campground just east of town

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Except for the goo time we had with good company the fishin was not worth it... If you're thinking about pelican I would avoid it unless you know something we didn't... My buddy was at stephenfield and caught 8 pike which isn't great either but it's better than one greenback...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Was at pelican 3 weeks ago and pike fishing was amazing. Lot of pike biting. The biggest pike I caught was 34 and was able to catch a 24 inch walleye. I found the evening bite is great. I also was on boat in the afternoon for 4 hours and only caught 3 good size walleye. The biggest was 26.5 inches. But I haven't been out recently.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.