Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
If you’re talking zone 5 Kenora area then it is which is third Saturday in May. This is for walleye only as other species are open already except Muskie which is 3rd Saturday in June.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I meant zone 5. So, are you saying that bass and pike are fair game then? Basically I was considering Shoal Lake for May 12th but I didn't want to if I could only fish the Manitoba portion. There's so many pages to that Ontario guide it's crazy.

·
Registered
817 Posts
That’s why I go online as long as you know the zone. I googled Ontario fishing season 2018 and viewed Ontario fishing regulation summary which came up first. Scroll down to view zones and click on whichever one you want. Pike open all year with none over 29.5 inches. Scroll down for specific waterway regulations.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
Yeah, I meant zone 5. So, are you saying that bass and pike are fair game then? Basically I was considering Shoal Lake for May 12th but I didn't want to if I could only fish the Manitoba portion. There's so many pages to that Ontario guide it's crazy.
Shoal Lake is a border lake so it will depend on where you launch. If you launch from the MB side then you abide by rules here and vice versa. There's a section on boarder lake in the MB Angler's Guide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts