Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
nubote said:
Last year we had to go to ON. to get the license, but i got a renewal for the outdoor card in the mail. Renewed the card and got the license online.
Could you please post the
web address for the online licensing?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Nice to see they have this working.
It was a pain to drive to the Shell station then backtrack to Shoal Lake.
Renewed this morning in just a few minutes.
Thx for the sticky

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
back2backcrappie said:
Nice to see they have this working.
It was a pain to drive to the Shell station then backtrack to Shoal Lake.
I agree, feel sorry for the Shell owner though. Every Manitoban that bought a licence usually bought coffee, smokes, snacks, tackle or whatever. That is less likely to happen now.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I agree on this hurting his store, bought lots of bait from there, we usually just e-mail him and order pounds of leeches, great breakfast spot, used to have these great jigs with no paint on the eyes.

·
Banned
1,953 Posts
Still is a great breakfast spot Guy used to give me the Canada flag for my truck

I Will still call in for sure when i am passing but it does save that 1st out of the Way trip when your fishing for white fish or don't need to go all the way to clear-water

I think he lost a buck with me that it never filled up with gas there 20% more than Manitoba

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ontario has the right idea when it comes to attracting fellow Canadians to their fishery. Canadian citizens, 65 yrs. & older do not have to buy or carry a fishing license while angling. Possession limit is the same as if you had a regular license. All you have to have is proof of Canadian citizenship and proof of age. I suppose picture ID's would be asked for. Manitoba should take a page from Ontario regs and get rid of the silly ," no cost " senior's license" with conservation limit. Save us old buggers from having to fill out a form every year and carry another piece of paper. Less paperwork for everyone.

I have to mention that the walleye fishing was just outstanding in July at Lac Suel near Ear Falls Ont. Only problem we had was the extreme heat during that 4 days. We had to leave the lake before noon or bake - I got a touch of heatstoke one day. We fished only in the morning and a couple of evenings and caught so many eyes that we quit counting after the 2nd day. They weren't very big. Lots of 13-14 and smaller , but also many keepers around 16 -18. A rule in that particular area of Ontario, is that you cannot have live catch in posession, so we had to fill a livewell with ice from the ice machine at the dock and toss our catch on ice. We didn't kill them first , so we may have been lible for a fine if CO's checked us. Sorry, no worthwhile pics.

·
Registered
367 Posts
just picked this up from Ontario online fishing license regs - for the doubters - lol.

Who does not need to purchase a Canadian resident Outdoors Card and Fishing Licence Tag?

A person is deemed to be the holder of a recreational fishing licence if they are:

1. Residents of Ontario and Canada under 18 years old, or 65 years of age or older and in possession of any licence, permit, certificate or identification card issued by the Government of Canada or a provincial or territorial government of Canada that indicates their name and date of birth.

2. Disabled Ontario and Canadian residents eligible for and in possession of one of the following:

•A Canadian National Institute for the Blind National Identity Card issued to them
•An Ontario Ministry of Transportation Accessible Parking Permit issued to them
•A black and white photocopy or printed version of an electronic copy of the Ontario Ministry of Transportation Accessible Parking Permit accompanied by any licence, permit, certificate or identification card issued by the Government of
Canada or a provincial or territorial government of Canada that indicates the person's name and date of birth.

3. Any licence, permit, certificate or identification card issued by the Government of Canada or a provincial or territorial government of Canada that indicates the person's name and date of birth where the individual must be accompanied by and require the direct assistance of another person to fish and follow applicable fishing laws due to a condition of mental impairment or a developmental disability, a learning disability or dysfunction, or a mental disorder. The person accompanying the above person does not require a fishing licence if they are only assisting, but must have a licence if they wish to engage in fishing.

Those who qualify to fish with a deemed licence, as indicated above, must follow the same catch and possession limits as holders of a Canadian resident sport fishing licence tag. Additionally, they have the same responsibilities as those who have purchased an Outdoors Card and fishing licence tag and must abide by all regulations.

. Special Initiatives BiodiversityClimate ChangeSpecies at RiskFar North OntarioTree Atlas In this SectionFish Ontario Home
Fishing Licences

Outdoors Card and Licence Information for Ontario Residents
Outdoors Card and Licence Information for Canadian Residents
Outdoors Card and Licence Information for Non-Canadian Residents
Licences for Provincial and International Border Waters
Fishing Regulations
From the Angler's Angle
Planning Your Fishing Trip
Fish Facts
Taking Care of Our Fish
Ecological Framework for Recreational Fisheries Management
Technical Publications
Fisheries Management Environmental Registry Notices
Contact Us What We DoEnergyFish & WildlifeForestryLandLicences & LawsMaps & Geographic InformationParks & Protected AreasPublic SafetyScience & ResearchWater Explore GovernmentOntario.caPremier of OntarioAboriginal AffairsAgriculture, Food and Rural AffairsAttorney GeneralChildren and Youth ServicesCitizenship and ImmigrationCommunity and Social ServicesCommunity Safety and Correctional ServicesConsumer ServicesEconomic Development and InnovationEducationEnergyEnvironmentFinanceFrancophone AffairsGovernment ServicesHealth and Long-Term CareInfrastructureIntergovernmental AffairsLabourMunicipal Affairs and HousingNatural ResourcesNorthern Development and MinesPan Am and Parapan Am GamesSeniors’ SecretariatTourism, Culture and SportTraining, Colleges and UniversitiesTransportationWomen’s Directorate ContactsHave a Question?Telephone DirectoryServiceOntario LocationsMPPsSITE MAP | ACCESSIBILITY | PRIVACY | IMPORTANT NOTICES
© Queen's Printer for Ontario, 2012 - Last Modified: November 28, 2011

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
I don't feel sorry for the owner of Clearwater Market Shell one bit...I envy him. I think that place is a license to print money from May to Sept.

·
Premium Member
6,954 Posts
Just got my non Canadian Resident License online using the website. The only glitch was that I first had to call the toll free number provided, in order to get an Outdoors Card Number...spent about half an hour on hold before someone picked up. The gal who answered was very helpful.

G

·
Before licences were online I once drove to the shell from Winnipeg on Friday to fish NW Ontario via Nopiming park Saturday. That was a pain in the butt.

G

·
Q: Just got my new outdoors card in the mail. On the back it shows my 1 year sport fishing licence. On the website if I renew I need to print and keep paper copy of renewal with me. If I go to Ontario and renew it at shell, do I get a paper copy there too? Or is it still just a one card system? I ask because i'd prefer just to hang onto the 'debit card'. My wallets too full of licences, hunter safety, pal, MB fishing licence etc

1 - 18 of 18 Posts