Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this is a Manitoba board but i get 1 week a year to chase muskies in Ontario. I usually stay at sunset point in Minaki. Ken stunnel is the owner and is a great guy. The Muskie fishing is great but I for some reason have had had trouble catching numbers of walleyes. In years past 40 and 50 walleye days were the norm In big sand and little sand lakes. But the last two times were SLOW. I was able to conviince my wife to buy me a fly in trip for my 40th. We flew into Nielsons Rowan Lake lodge. This was a 25 min flight out of Nestor falls. This was an unbelievable trip. Rowan lake itself is a Gin clear trout lake. You could see the muskies follow your bucktail for almost the entire cast! The trout fishing was also great. The lodge offers portage lakes that are unbelieveale for walleyes and small/large mouth bass. One evening just before sunset at the top of a portage lake waterfall my friend and had 23 casts each in a row that ended up with a walleye at the end of our lines. :fish2: :fish2: :fish2: We went back the next morning and caught small and largemouhs in that spot cast after cast.The smallies were actually trying to steel the lures out of each others mouths. The food was UNBELIEVEABLE. Fillet Mignon, Chops, roast chicken and fantastic french toast with Bacon for breakfast.All of this for about $1500 for 5 days. Even with thst great price i cannot afford to go on this trip every year. Instead I am looking for advice for a Housekeeping cabin for about $500 for the week. We are thinking about staying at K.C,s landing on the Indian Lake Chain North of Vermillion bay. If anyone has advice on this body of water or other better ones in the Nortehern ontario region i would love some advice. The only perameters are they must be on muskie waters!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts