Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I was hoping you'd be able to help me find spots in Manitoba good for cast and retrieve with artificial lures for when the season starts up. Last year you were all really helpful with my SUPER beginnerish river/bait fishing, got me off p-rigs and making my own T-turn rigs, got me using circle hooks... helped me catch my first fish :) and lots more after that.

Any places with clearer water around within a 2 hour drive I'd say (by car! not truck! Can't get into Reynold's with my beat up car lol). Did go to sturgeon creek & Omand park in the city a couple times but it was surprisingly crowded, looking to get further away for a more relaxing setting.

Thanks in advance guys, you helped me enjoy the outdoors again.

·
Registered
133 Posts
lots of places out towards the east, whether it be part of the winnipeg river system or one of the many lakes in the whiteshell

·
Administrator
1,441 Posts
Well glad to hear progress has been made. Artificial lures vary quite a bit and open up a world of possibilities.

Like mentioned before many popular lakes in the Whiteshell are good to try. Early season pike is fun, this was the reason I fell in love with artificial lures when I was young. Find some weeds and cast spoons (or any lure that can be retrieved quickly honestly) in the area. Lots of public areas where you can shore fish with different lakes to explore. Pike will attack about anything that moves and they fight pretty well. If the fishing doesn't work well at least there are other things to enjoy like scenery and hiking.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi everyone!

I was hoping you'd be able to help me find spots in Manitoba good for cast and retrieve with artificial lures for when the season starts up. Last year you were all really helpful with my SUPER beginnerish river/bait fishing, got me off p-rigs and making my own T-turn rigs, got me using circle hooks... helped me catch my first fish :) and lots more after that.

Any places with clearer water around within a 2 hour drive I'd say (by car! not truck! Can't get into Reynold's with my beat up car lol). Did go to sturgeon creek & Omand park in the city a couple times but it was surprisingly crowded, looking to get further away for a more relaxing setting.

Thanks in advance guys, you helped me enjoy the outdoors again.
Yeah, unfortunately you probably won't find anyone who will tell you a specific spot because that'll open it up to a huge crowd of people fishing there. Just a suggestion - join one of the many facebook groups that specialize in fishing in Manitoba and sometimes they do disclose their spots.

·
Administrator
1,441 Posts
IMO those facebook groups are about the same as here. In general people don't disclose exact spots all the time unless it's something most people already know about. Don't worry about that though, Southern MB will have a lot of options for what you want to do, especially in spring. We've got lots of time before season opener and that should give enough time to get some research in.

·
Registered
133 Posts
lots of public docks and good shoreline around pinawa. grew up shore fishing all around there. some good points and some public docks that you can use, careful for the private ones.

theresa public one in the bay by the golf course always full of pike and perch, with some walleye and bass out to the other side and next point where there is current.

·
Registered
401 Posts
ive had success at macarthur falls, tossing in squarebill perch crankbaits, pulled in a few pike, my PB from shore to be honest, on a sinking live target 3 pc herring. north down 11, you'll see a sign, pull all the way in and get casting! off the point ppl have been known the catch walleye. not really a secret spot but during the week its pretty quiet.

Reactions: Crimson Night

·
Administrator
1,441 Posts
There should be a link in the announcement section at the top of all sections. Or Google Manitoba Angler's Guide 2016. The 21st century is amazing.

Just a reminder that it's there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts