Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd appreciate some pointers on the area around Shilo for fishing once the ice is off the lakes. I don't have ice gear yet. I have never been to the area before but love pike fishing. Walleyes too of course. Thanks.

·
Administrator
5,018 Posts
Welcome to the forum! A good member to talk to about that area is chorney_shaw he's from the oak lake area west of Brandon sort of between Brandon and Virden.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you are after some fun (you won't be catching monsters) you can try shore fishing in wawanesa below the dam, and below the bridge.

Also, I've seen great size carp come out of that river just above the dam.

What do you have for a boat? Or do you have one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
We just got back from Turtle Mountain. Fished a few lakes out there Adam, Bower and Max. I`m new to those lakes but the scenery is great. We ended up with a few bites at Bower fishing for trout and then we got into some fish at Max lake perch and walleye. I would suggest to you to try AirPlane bay on Lake Wahtopanah near Rivers Mb try in about 11 fow. Another decent lake is Oak Lake great for jack anywhere and pickerel and perch if you know were to look. Start with these places and PM me when you head out I will see if I`m available to go along.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts