Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys/Gals,

The staff here has decided to add another section to the forum for Fishing related electronics, fishfinders etc, a few members have approached the staff and the staff is happy to get this new section going!!! Post away and if you have any suggestions or recommendations please bring them to the attention of one of the staff members here!!!

Enjoy

Mr Pike

·
Registered
10 Posts
placement of transducer

I recently purchased a Humminbird Helix and I have a question regarding the proper location on the stern for the transducer.

The instructions said the minimum distance between the prop and the transducer should be 15" and my initial spot was approximately 20" away. The issue I'm having is when driving at high speed (I have a 40hp on 17.5 ft boat), I get a lot of water spray shooting up from the transducer. I then moved the transducer closer toward the center at 15" but I'm still getting the spray of water happening.

The readings from the transducer are fine and wondering if water spraying is normal or have I not installed the transducer properly?

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Sounds like it's too low.
Raise it up so the bottom of the transducer is skimming the surface of the water while on plane. Only a couple of mm of the bottom of the transducer should be below the bottom of the hull.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts