Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a simple explanation and hopefully a simple fix to the problem i'm having.IE KEEPS ENCOUNTERING A PROBLEM and then shuts down on a fairly regular basis lately which sucks.Every so often i get the famous Windows is not responding message here and there.Need a little help as my putor skills are fairly limited.Hopefully i can get this resolved myself with a little help without having to take the tower down the street to the local computor shop for them to diagnose.

G

·
First I would tell you to stop ussing Internet Explorer and Download Firefox http://www.mozilla.org/

Next.
What version of Windows - XP, Vista, Win 7 etc.

If it is Vista. It has a known issue for after awhile of being live it has a huge memory leak and will eventually leak so bad it has no choice but to just shut down. Specially after lots of use or have not being booted for a prolonged period.

If it is something ugly. Save your money I can come over and check it out for you. But let me know what you are working with I probably could trouble shoot it pretty fast.

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NERD LOCATED!!!!ME.Firstly thanks for the offer Ty.I think that i will be in touch soon on a possible permanent fix to my still good but little outdated setup here at home as i don't really want to purchase a new system at the present time.Had Firefox installed already but didn't really like it so i deleted it for the time being.Installed Google Chrome and so far it seems to working well.My speed is back up to standards and the short term problem of remembering my various forum passwords is a minor dilemma.Got most back already and the less used one i can easily retrieve using the lost password method.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts