Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been told that my winch is not set up correctly on my boat trailer. The winch strap and bow eyelet are well above the bow roller, which means that if i brake hard (or worse) the boat bow will rise up and launch over the winch mast. I believe the bow roller should be above the boat’s eyelet as that’s what keeps it secured downwards onto the trailer. I’ll try attaching a photo for better explaination.

I’m thinking I need a new winch mast set-up. Who in the Wpg area sells boat trailer parts. I believe Metro on Regent has shut down (in Niverville now?), anyone else that can help me set this up properly? Thanks in advance.
EF0922C3-F290-4DAC-BF00-2A93BD857A0E.jpeg
EF0922C3-F290-4DAC-BF00-2A93BD857A0E.jpeg

·
Premium Member
4,426 Posts
I’ve been told that my winch is not set up correctly on my boat trailer. The winch strap and bow eyelet are well above the bow roller, which means that if i brake hard (or worse) the boat bow will rise up and launch over the winch mast. I believe the bow roller should be above the boat’s eyelet as that’s what keeps it secured downwards onto the trailer. I’ll try attaching a photo for better explaination.

I’m thinking I need a new winch mast set-up. Who in the Wpg area sells boat trailer parts. I believe Metro on Regent has shut down (in Niverville now?), anyone else that can help me set this up properly? Thanks in advance. View attachment 120571 View attachment 120571 View attachment 120571
Kinda' looks weird to say the least. Looks like some sort of homemade type set up, perhaps previous owner took it upon themselves to invent something. You are correct, the bow eye should be able to be snugged up to the bottom on the bow roller. That being said, it the set up works, it works.......if you are concerned about being able to secure the boat downwards, simply get a transom tie down strap, fasten it somehow to the trailer tongue, hook the other end into the bow eye and secure it as you would any transom tiedown........it isn't gonna' move!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts