Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I was wondering about a Navonics card. I have a Micro SD Navonics installed in my Garmin eTrex, and it works great. But I was wondering if this same card would be compatible with a Hummingbird fishfinder/GPS combo? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
Are you sure it's not Garmin BlueChart? Garmin uses their own charts, even tho it is the identical data (in our region at least).

Navionics-Lowrance, Simrad, Humminbird.

BlueChart-Garmin

·
Registered
291 Posts
I use my Navionics card in both my Humminbird 698 HD Di Si and Delorme PN-60 interchangeably. I upgraded to Navionics+ (sonarcharts) which when upgraded was paired to my model and it displays the sonarcharts on there (and retains waypoints, tracks, created with Hum, etc) and when put in Delorme I still retain the waypoints, tracks that were stored in that unit, but doesn't show sonarcharts, just standard. I would imagine yours should be the same unless that Navionics card is specific for use with the Garmin.

No harm in trying.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for not getting back sooner, but I may have made a mistake. I had assumed that it was a Navonics program, but it was actually noted that it was an unlocked file for Garmin units. I just got my GPS back so I tried to see if it mentioned anything, but no go. But I found the link again finally, and it was on here for 'Maps Shared'. Nowhere did it mention Navonics, and again, I only assumed that it was a widly used program. Thanks for you help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.