Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

Minnewasta

991 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  mikefisher 
#1 ·
Anyone try minnewasta yet? Wanna go try crappies in another week after exams. Wondering how thick the ice is?

#2 ·
have not heard anything out here. was on there looking on Tuesday.but the look of the thickness of the cracks it looks to be about 5-7 inches. but dont go by that please. nice and clear clean looking ice. little to no snow on there as well. if i hear of anything i will post.

#5 ·
I am not sure of ice thickness, but drove to the boat launch a couple hours ago, and noted a couple fishermen had walked out and had lines in the water. No snow on the lake at all..... will be trying tomorrow afternoon and post results.

#7 ·
I was out at Minnie on Sunday, 10 inches clear ice is what I found where ever I drilled. I managed to ice 1 10" crappie and missed quite a few others. The flasher was lit up pretty much all day, when it began to die off I moved 30 feet and was right back on them. Typical day at Minnie! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.