Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a new to me boat with a ternovva on the bow. Two broken plastic parts and missing cable retainer clip. Look at minnkota website, and easy to find parts. $8 usd. Call the Canadian service number, only to be told they don’t sell parts in Canada, you have to go to service Center. Web site clearly says call this number for parts. Shit man!

So I call video refit. They have the parts. Can pick them up. $52!! How cam we be getting fleeced so bad in Canada? I am all good with paying more; exchange, shipping, overhead, etc. I was expecting $20. But more then 6x the US price. COME ON!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Exchange, duties, freight and profit for the retailer... sounds about right. Look at the bright side: getting your Terrova fixed up for less than $100 is way better than shelling out 2k ++ for a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
Purchased a new to me boat with a ternovva on the bow. Two broken plastic parts and missing cable retainer clip. Look at minnkota website, and easy to find parts. $8 usd. Call the Canadian service number, only to be told they don’t sell parts in Canada, you have to go to service Center. Web site clearly says call this number for parts. Shit man!

So I call video refit. They have the parts. Can pick them up. $52!! How cam we be getting fleeced so bad in Canada? I am all good with paying more; exchange, shipping, overhead, etc. I was expecting $20. But more then 6x the US price. COME ON!
Check the price on Ebay. Shipping should be cheap for the clips, probably will be sent by POST but takes a month to get the stuff.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I bought 4 a while back (INSERT - PLUG), if I can find the two I have left, you can have one if this is the right part your looking for.
Or you can order from this Canadian supplier like I did, maybe the other parts you need are there as well.

2224700 INSERT - PLUG

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I already paid at refit. I’ll make sure to look at mikes next time I need something.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Can you send me pictures of what you need or part numbers I still have Minn kota parts left over from my repair days. Happy to help. Im in Kenora but can mail them out. Much discounted price.

Kbear.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Can you send me pictures of what you need or part numbers I still have Minn kota parts left over from my repair days. Happy to help. Im in Kenora but can mail them out. Much discounted price.

Kbear.
Would you have seal kits for powerdrive 70 24 volt and power drive 50 12 volt ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts