Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys we are working out the details on having an MFF online radio fishing show with multiple segments...

I am already working out the details for my own 1-hour weekly segment talking about the greenback bite on the lake and river, techniques, reports as well as interviews with local experts, like my buddies Roger, Lee, and Mike among others if they would be willing to come on. Even interviews with some locals and well as call in's and such. Obviously switching right into open water fishing with cats, bass ect in summer.

The thing is we are trying to work out are the costs. How many guys would be willing to pay say $50.00 per month to have their own weekly online radio show on MFF? Does not require any technical ability on your part as it would all be handled on our end. The host can run their live show from skype with a head set at a set time each week, and people can actually call in and listen to the show on any internet radio application. The show gets automatically recorded, archived and can be a re-run in your time slot if you are unable to do a show one week.

These can even be uploaded as podcast and we can set up royalty fee's for the host ect.....

The key here is interest?

If we can get 3-4 people interested to start out we can get this going. I am willing to spare $50 per week to do one one, ad Ty said He will kick in $50 and do a segment? I can think of a few others?

Colin all fish? maybe a kids fishin show (fisher kids, friends, and classmates calling in with fishing questions and comments)

Princess auto's Fishin talk with Mike Kuklik from Mike on ice? hint hint hint...lol

Pm Myself or Nvisible if you are interested and have questions about this an how it would work

Lets hear your comments

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
would need more info

G

·
Harpz said:
Look into blogtalkradio.com
$40.00 a month per host and we can't stream live to the website here, And you cannot run your own sponsors. In order to have all the features to run all your own sponsors, stream here on the site, have the ability to upload the recordings to iTunes so people could listen to them with iPhone and iPods the cost is $299.00 a month per host. That is just way to expensive and we have a better solution that gives us full control and we can get a toll free number for call ins. We could run the station for all hosts interested for about the same cost as BlogTalk charges for a single user. Plus with the pro version of BlogTalk every host would have to install software and jump through a bunch of hoops we have found a solution that is so simple it is ridiculous. Thanks for the idea but we have already done all our homework with the big sites. BlogTalk, Live365, etc they are all just way to expensive hundreds of dollars per host.

G

·
I Am The Walrus said:
I just don't see the value in this; from a hosts perspective. You pay out of your own pocket to host a radio show? Seems ass backwards to me.
Maybe to common person it seems this way. I can see your point.
So let me explain a bit how this all works and maybe it will make more sense. If we where lets say a Radio station that got money for advertising etc. Sure we would pay for radio personality. We are not a big company and do not have any sponsorship. And if you want to be heard it could be a cheaper option then paying the big money like thousands of people do.. You should check out blogtalkradio. Thousands of people paying hundreds of dollars a month to be heard. It's crazy. However that is today's media world. Lets take Mike on Ice for example. Mike does not get paid for that show. Infact for him to do that show cost a good bit of money ( I am not going to disclose the actual figure) Shaw does not pick up the bill for the show. Mike has to go out and get sponsors to pay for the show. The last 2 years Mike has pretty much busted his ass to drum up enough money to get the show aired. He is not making anything from it. He is just getting the bills paid. Something we should all appreciate Mike for, the effort he puts in to give us a show like Mike on Ice and making no money at it is something to be applauded.

Now with this site I am flipping all the bills for it. Not a huge amount of money but still my pocket. not to mention my time I put into this site and trust me man my time does not come cheap. Been a software engineer for over 15 years and I avg over $100 an hour. But I have a passion for fishing and wanted a new community that was not 80% BS so I do what I do. So for us to start a small online radio station so some of our members can talk it up and have a good time. We did all the research on the best way to go about it. We saw some really expensive options we saw some moderate options and then we found an option that is really effective and runs roughly about 300.00 a month unlimited hosts, unlimited recording time, can stream directly on the website, recordings can be uploaded to itunes for portable media streaming. But I am not willing to spend the $300.00 on my own. If we had a sponsor willing to do it great free for everyone. But we don't. And obviously the more people that want to do it the cheaper it gets. If it starts to become noticed and gets a following and who knows maybe it does get some sponsors who knows maybe our hosts could get paid to do it. I am not trying to make a dime on this. I just think it would be fun. So cost is around $300.00 a month. If you get 30 people that want to do it. Hey will cost you a dollar. Find a company that wants to sponsor for commercials etc. and they cover the $300.00 cool it's free. Find a company willing to pay more then the $300.00 hell I will take the profit split it between every host evenly and call it a day.

I hope this helped and got the "ass" back in the right direction. If you have any other concerns. Doors always open PM anytime.

·
Banned
23 Posts
I was pretty much confused about why you would charge as well. Seemed odd to me. However Ty you have really cleared this up. It makes perfect sense to me now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would be interested in paying 50 dollars a week to host a radio show about learning how to ice fish and fishing in general

you can count me in Thanks Don

1 - 11 of 11 Posts