Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
4,628 Posts
Would it get done faster at the dealer if you took lower unit off and took it in?
Dealers are extremely busy now winterizing boats/outboards/inboards and also running up sleds for the season.........pretty sure that's why they are too busy to look at it........not sure only taking the bottom end in will persuade them, it only takes 10 mins to remove it to begin with....the time/labor involved is everything that comes after that.

· Premium Member
4,628 Posts
They’re not having to have the boat in their parking lot taking up space. I doubt the tech will remove lower unit outside in 20 below. It will be less time for them with it drained and removed. Not a lot, but still better.

Maybe!

The alternative for the OP would be, winterize the bottom end, store till spring and make an appointment now for late April early May to have it serviced. It's new, so definitely a warranty repair. Had an issue with my new Yamaha too, discovered water in the bottom end while winterizing last fall, changed fluids, went to storage and had an appointment for the spring where it was serviced and repaired. Water pump seal not installed correctly from the factory, no charge warranty repair.

· Premium Member
4,628 Posts
this is not water in the bottom end , its water in the crankcase dealer suspects seals at the bottom of the engine, not sure if you yank the engine or the bottom end off/

Yikes.........ya I wouldn't trust anyone to do it but a certified dealer.....it's under warranty, not sure why someone would decide otherwise! I would do an engine oil change, let it sit in storage and have it repaired in the spring. I mean....the season is close to done anyway!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts