Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone here has ever fished mary jane in the winter for the crappies? Hows the fishing there in the winter and whats the best spot to be fishing on that lake? If anyone has been out this year I'd love to hear from you. :gotone:

·
Registered
70 Posts
TommyV said:
Just curious if anyone here has ever fished mary jane in the winter for the crappies? Hows the fishing there in the winter and whats the best spot to be fishing on that lake? If anyone has been out this year I'd love to hear from you. :gotone:
I haven't been there yet this winter but my buddy went there a few days ago, it was tuff to find them but once they did apparently things heated up. I've fished it lots in the summer and when you find them crappie, it's good fishing! walleyes are a good size in there too.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the heads up! Probably not my best bet then since I dont own a flasher. Everytime I go there it reminds me of minnewasta. Very hard to fish unless you find em! Happy fishin!

·
Registered
70 Posts
yes , sorry forgot to mention, you need a flasher!! the 2 years that i've had one makes me wonder how I ever fished without one! they are more affordable now then ever. 269$ for a MarCum VX-1 PRO at WSS.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had posted a question about the marcum showdown troller. It seems to be a simpler version of a flasher and more affordable. Since i dont go out terribly much I'd like to go for that, but it looks like it may be a bust. Do you know anything about how useful that unit is?

·
Registered
70 Posts
TommyV said:
I had posted a question about the marcum showdown troller. It seems to be a simpler version of a flasher and more affordable. Since i dont go out terribly much I'd like to go for that, but it looks like it may be a bust. Do you know anything about how useful that unit is?
Sorry I'm not familar with that unit. There must be someone here that is? but good luck! I'm hoping to hit that place sometime in the next few weeks, maybe see ya around.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
How's the ice over there ?maybe head out there after work on friday. Never fish there in winter. I would treat it like Minnie punch a crap load of hole tiill you mark them. Look for your deepest flat spots there,they should be there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts