Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a Marcum LX-3tc this winter, gonna upgrade from the Showdown that has worked stellar for me over the past 3 ice seasons. Anybody out there use an lx-3? How do ya like it? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Last year I ran both the Lx-5 and the LX-3tc side by side and alternated all winter.

Both fantastic units.... if you don't fish deep for lake trout then the LX-3tc is all you will ever need. Lx-5 has a couple of nice extra features like SFL and the 8 degree cone for deep water but not necessary on the big lake....you will be more than happy. Lx-3tc is just as good as the LX-5. :ice:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Blackwater, i mostly fish the red and the big lake. Usually never fish over 30 feet, so the lx-3 should do the trick. Once in a while i'll go for lakers but not too often. Thanks for the info. Good luck to you this hardwater season.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I picked up an LX-3tc at the end of last season as well. Looking forward to seeing how it preforms this year.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Can anyone tell me the difference between the lx3 and the lx3tc? I just picked up the LX 3 but haven't been out to use it yet..

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where is the best place to buy one, or are the prices the same at all the stores that sell them (cabelas, wholesale, ProAm, etc.)?

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
I get almost all of my stuff at the Fishin Hole. Each tackle shop in town has their own specials and pricing but with electronics there is very little room to move for anyone. If one store try's to beat another store's price on low margin stuff like electronics it is just to get you in their door to buy high margin stuff while your there. Be loyal to places you normally shop, which ever store that may be, and it will pay off in the long run. I am at the Hole a lot. if you ever see me in there be sure to say hi and I will be happy to answer any question for you, no bother.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, thanks to some birthday money and a lucky scratch ticket, i'm a proud owner of a nex LX-3tc! This thing is sweet, i can't wait to hit the ice for the first time tomorrow. Good luck out there everyone!

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Fish_Killer said:
Well, thanks to some birthday money and a lucky scratch ticket, i'm a proud owner of a nex LX-3tc! This thing is sweet, i can't wait to hit the ice for the first time tomorrow. Good luck out there everyone!
Enjoy your new birthday present tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
vovamir said:
I picked up an LX-3tc at the end of last season as well. Looking forward to seeing how it preforms this year.
The "TC" stands for True Color, newer technology by Marcum as they upgraded the LX-3 to the same display properties as the LX-5, seperate LED's for each color, Red/Green/Yellow instead of two colors and relying on the two colors combining to make the third. The result is a more vibrant colors and a more vivid display. :ice:

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Fish_Killer said:
I'm looking at getting a Marcum LX-3tc this winter, gonna upgrade from the Showdown that has worked stellar for me over the past 3 ice seasons. Anybody out there use an lx-3? How do ya like it? Thanks
Selling the Showdown?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, i'm gonna keep the showdown. I'll let my dad use it when we go fishing together, or borrow it to friends when we go if they don't have a fishfinder.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Matt419 said:
And I will continue to borrow unless I can find a lucky scratch ticket or I cash in at Christmas.
The rental fee has just gone up on the Showdown! :D

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts