Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lotw was on fire today, we landed over 75 walleyes today, lots of eaters, lots in the 18"-21" range with the biggest of the day caught by my son on a live bait rig....25 1/2"
pics to come later

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Tinman

Sounds like a great day, nice healthy looking fish.

Thinking of heading there next weekend if you don't mind sharing what was the favorite bait for the day?

regards gm

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
don't mind sharing at all....pink plastic worms on spinners and bottom bouncers, jigs with salted minnows and I know this will sound strange but my son was hammering them using a live bait rig tipped with frozen minnows.....go figure, live bait rig with dead bait, kind of an oxymoron.....and 90% of our fish were caught off the humps in 30' of water....30' seems to be the magic number....good luck

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tinman, what part of the lake were you fishing. We have been killing them out by Sioux Narrows the last few weeks. Great pics, that one with your son's big one is great..

Tight lines,
Novo

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Novo10 said:
Tinman, what part of the lake were you fishing. We have been killing them out by Sioux Narrows the last few weeks. Great pics, that one with your son's big one is great..

Tight lines,
Novo
Ptarmigan Bay

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MNTMAN said:
Right on Don....thanks alot for sharing pal! ;)
don't mind sharing with good fellow anglers

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I use Rush Bay also but I'm usually there fairly early, so far no problems with parking

G

·
Congrats to your boy on Picture Of The Week. Hats should be in middle of this week. PM Me your details so I can get one out to you. Again congratulations.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Way to go boys... I was out on wednesday, battled the wind and the waves...13 hrs on the water, over 100 walleye, 1 sauger, 2 perch, 2 smallies and a couple 40"+ pike taking my eyes! Great fishery!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tinman, how early are you getting out there. I'am planning on going this Friday
with my sister and bro in-law. I told them were leaving the city @ 4:30am, and my sister almost had a heart attack. We have to stop at the shell for licence's for them
and get some bait. I talked with someone from that Shell and they said they had all the bait we would need. The reason I ask is all my LOTW fishing is done down by Sioux Narrows and I get my bait down there. Is this a good place for bait or should I get in Winnipeg the night before. Thanks for any info.

Tight Lines,
Novo

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
as you know, live bait must be purchased in Ontario, we did very well with salties, night crawlers and plastics. I like to be on the water by 7, gotta get the most of it. all they had at the shell in Clearwater were big live minnows

·
Registered
50 Posts
Had a brain fart, after posting what I wrote.I know you can only buy live bait in Ontario, bad day at work?? The guy at the Shell said they had leech's live minnows worms and frozen minnows, is this correct.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
last time i was there 2 weeks ago, all they had was live minnows

·
Registered
297 Posts
the shell usually has a good supply of bait, they have crawlers(reg and nitro), frozen and live minnows, and leeches

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well a bunch of us (3 boats) hit LOTW again today.....bite wasn't as hot as last weekend but still good. My son and I boated just over 50 walleyes and the other 2 boats did just as good. lots of eater size walleyes and quite a few in the 21-24" range, a few 26 1/2"rs and a whopping 29 1/2".....all had a great time.....pics to come later

1 - 20 of 39 Posts