Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOTW is really on for the eye's right now. pretty much any deep reef is producing fish. We were out on Friday for a full day and landed over 60 Walleye between myself and my buddy. We jigged, bounced and cranked and had excellent action on all three but the cranks really turned on in the evening.

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
How far out do you have to go for some of these reefs? Would a 14 foot aluminum boat be safe enough to venture out there? I do catch and release only, so you dont have to be too worried about me stealing your fish :?

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tommy there are so many reefs on LOTW The idea of stealing someones fish is almost laughable. Get yourself a depth chart and as long as you have a sonar your good to go. I would not recommed heading out in a big wind on lOTW in a 14ft but there are lots of islands to hide around. On Friday I put 80km on my 90hp merc round trip but that is not nesessary to catch fish. be careful be smart and you will be fine.

You could always book a trip. Sometimes going out for the first time with an experienced guide, like myself, showing you the ropes saves you a dozen or more trips on your own trying to figure things out and learn the area.

either way Good Luck out there tommy.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Could you please PM me your rates for a guide service to that area. I have not yet figured out how to "jig" a minnow properly. At least it has never produced for me. I would be very interested in knowing the rates, and maybe we can get something together sometime.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steven said:
Just fished the KBI and we caught a LOT of big walleyes, 15-18ft humps close to deep water, fished a 1/4 jig and 4 inch smelt GULP minnow...to bad they weren't bass....lol

did you get any bass on the humps? years ago when I was a kid guiding on LOTW we used to always get BIG accidental smallies out on the humps in summer along with the eyes we were targeting but can't say I have caught one by accident on the humps over the last several years?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts