Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I've been fishing for (primarily) catfish for a couple seasons now, mostly on shrimp, chicken livers, or other prepared baits. but I want to really start targeting some of the big cats out there.

I do most of my fishing within Winnipeg and was wondering if there are any spots in particular that "consistently" produce goldeye. Looking to catch some for use as cut bait if you haven't guessed.

I've done plenty of research into the "how" and just looking for a point in the right direction for the "where" or what type of water conditions you find them in most here in Winnipeg.

Any help at all is appreciated. I've been told about a few spots from some fellow anglers but the more I can learn the better.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Floodway ny lockport is excelent for goldeye. But not right now. I find them biting like crazy around july. Bobber with small hook and worm is thecway to go.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Anywhere below the Lockport Dam where you you find a bit of current and or a back eddie. Small float, teeny split shot and #8 fly hook baited with a bit of garden worm. Usually pretty runty goldeye this time of the year...nice ones in August and September.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Caught 14 goldeye close to the border, cut one up for cat bait and tons of egg still in the one. So they must be getting ready for spawning.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you very much everybody. Very much appreciated information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts