Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I’ve been working in northern Alberta and all the lakes and rivers I’ve seen around here a frozen. Coming home soon and wondering if there are any frozen bodies of water in southern Mb yet? Thanks

·
Registered
721 Posts
The Narrows has ice in the shallow areas but open in the current and deeper areas.
Some lakes on the Ducks has ice on but not thick like Singush, Splay, Two Mile and also Perch though it was open water in the middle. One person fishing in the shallower part on Perch yesterday.
Picture with Dmdock is East Vlue and as you can tell it’s open as well as Glad Lake.
Travel between Blue Lakes and Two Mile is tough with only one lane open with very little traffic and twelve plus inches of snow.
Cloud Sky Water Natural landscape Snow
Cloud Sky Water Water resources Natural landscape
Sky Cloud Snow Automotive tire Automotive mirror
Water Cloud Sky Water resources Natural landscape
Water Sky Cloud Tree Natural landscape

·
Registered
880 Posts
Shut it mom. We’re all adults here and don’t need an old lady lecturing us about safety.
Well you and I know that every year a question like this comes up! It seems some adults need one considering the temperatures we’ve had here lately.

Winter rig: 2016 AC Bearcat XT 570. Eskimo F1 Rocket, Eskimo 3i, Humminbird Helix 5 ice, 798Ci HD SI

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well obviously I mean safe ice. I guess I should have said that. I have been out of province for the past 2 weeks so unaware of the weather conditions here. And apparently there is some safe ice that people are fishing. Thanks for responses!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I know of ice in the southeast if you want to pm me. I won’t tell you it’s safe ice, because it’s only as safe as you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
880 Posts
Thanks but am headed back for work tomorrow back in 2 weeks- hopefully more options of safe ice when I return.
My buddy lives near Flin Flon on a lake. Absolutely no ice on it. Last year on November 23rd he had his shack on it.

Winter rig: 2016 AC Bearcat XT 570. Eskimo F1 Rocket, Eskimo 3i, Humminbird Helix 5 ice, 798Ci HD SI

·
Registered
217 Posts
The Narrows has ice in the shallow areas but open in the current and deeper areas.
Some lakes on the Ducks has ice on but not thick like Singush, Splay, Two Mile and also Perch though it was open water in the middle. One person fishing in the shallower part on Perch yesterday.
Picture with Dmdock is East Vlue and as you can tell it’s open as well as Glad Lake.
Travel between Blue Lakes and Two Mile is tough with only one lane open with very little traffic and twelve plus inches of snow. View attachment 121041 View attachment 121042 View attachment 121043 View attachment 121044 View attachment 121045
No thanks…I will wait!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts