Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey with the cooler weather anyone thinking about ice?

If you are upgrading your ice auger this season and looking to sell your good quality used one shoot me a pm

Thanks gm

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
are you looking for a specific brand and/or model?? size??

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plan is on hold for a couple of weeks I had to buy a new dishwasher last night instead.
(yes that sucks)

Probably looking for an 8 inch, I haven't done much research so I don't know what brands to avoid yet.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
gmharrison, where do you plan on fishing and what specie are you after? I had a 10" years ago then switched to an 8" Eskimo Barracuda, loved the auger but had a hard time fitting them big Lake Wpg eyes thru that so last year I got me a 10" Strikemaster....wicked auger.....go 10", you won't regret it

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Tinman

I was leaning towards 8 but you bring up some very valid points so I think I will set my sights on a 10. This will be my first winter I am interested in lake Winnipeg and maybe some big gators

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
gmharrison said:
Thanks Tinman

I was leaning towards 8 but you bring up some very valid points so I think I will set my sights on a 10. This will be my first winter I am interested in lake Winnipeg and maybe some big gators
Definitely get a 10" flyte.Although it takes a little more effort to punch a hole you know that the sumo fishies will fit through.You can always grab an 8" flyte later on if you wanted 2 options for the hole size.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
gmharrison said:
Thanks Tinman

for sure get a 10" then

·
Banned
82 Posts
big bruther said:
gmharrison said:
Thanks Tinman

Definitely get a 10" flyte.Although it takes a little more effort to punch a hole you know that the sumo fishies will fit through.You can always grab an 8" flyte later on if you wanted 2 options for the hole size.

Although a 10/3 combo is pretty nice for the bigger hole, you are looking at quite a bit more weight than a 8/2 combo (depending on which brand/model you chose). the 8" flyte will cut much faster than a 10 as well. i am currently selling my jiffy 8/2 to upgrade to a much more expensive 3/10 strikemaster model where the weight is cut marginally - one of the reasons why the strikemaster model is so much more expensive. If you can afford the extra coin, i'd highly recommend getting one of the strikemaster 3/10 combos such as the lazer mag series(which i have seen for sale second hand on these boards, but it is not common).

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
I've got the Lazer Pro 10" and absolutely love it, spend the extra bucks, don't settle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts