Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for someone to go fishing with.

My name is Anton and I am 44yrs. Non smoker, non drinker and no boat (one day I will). I have gear for myself and have gotten back onto fishing this year. If I catch, I catch. If not, then I don't. I am the kinda guy that will gladly spend 8+ hours fishing, rain or shine.

I do work 2 jobs (one FT shift work and one PT job) so just have to make plans ahead of time to make sure our days will match. I prefer going during the week rather then weekends.

Any questions either PM me or reply here :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeppers. I will be going to Pine Falls this Monday (July 23 2018) leaving at 8am.

Planning to spend the day out there and going to pick up bait at the Esso (Clarks Corner) on the way there and hopefully they will have live minnows.

Interested?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
If possible you should try for an arrival time of at least 6:00 am for Pine Falls dock. Another option if the wind is favorable is off the harbor rocks at Balsam Bay marina.
Go early as the bite shuts down early, nice weather predicted as well. :welcome:

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
If possible you should try for an arrival time of at least 6:00 am for Pine Falls dock. Another option if the wind is favorable is off the harbor rocks at Balsam Bay marina.
Go early as the bite shuts down early, nice weather predicted as well. :welcome:
I disagree that the Lake Winnipeg bite shuts down early. I've caught all of my trophy sized greenbacks between 11:00 and 2:00 pm on Lake Winnipeg/Traverse Bay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am at Sharpes point since 10:20am (late start to the day) and so far nothing. Might try further up at the docks later (it’s 1pm now).

I picked up some live minnows at Clark’s point ($5.65 for 1doz medium size) and so far I feed 3 fish LoL.

Staff at Clark’s point are very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend stopping in for minnows there if you ever need.

I did observe 1 person net casting here, called conservation out here but got there voice mail. Don’t remember if that’s allowed or not, guess I should be bringing that anglers guide with me.

Well I’ll stick around here for a while longer and either call it quits or try the docks 🙂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts