Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I got up early to be out at Netley Creek by 6 am to get a good spot. At least we had the first few hours to ourselves before some others joined us.

I’m sitting in the chair with the red jacket on the back. My wife is to the left of the guy with the blue cooler. At least we did manage to catch some fish. We caught 1 small walleye, 7 drum, 9 master angler Bullhead, 5 Goldeye (2 master anglers) and a 32 inch northern pike. It was a fun day of fishing.

·
Registered
405 Posts
My wife and I got up early to be out at Netley Creek by 6 am to get a good spot. At least we had the first few hours to ourselves before some others joined us.
View attachment 120826
I’m sitting in the chair with the red jacket on the back. My wife is to the left of the guy with the blue cooler. At least we did manage to catch some fish. We caught 1 small walleye, 7 drum, 9 master angler Bullhead, 5 Goldeye (2 master anglers) and a 32 inch northern pike. It was a fun day of fishing.
Chit, there is room for at least half a dozen more if wearing masks.

·
Registered
545 Posts
As much as I'd prefer to always have the place to myself, I was at the exact spot the OP was in for this picture tonight and there were plenty along that shoreline. Everyone had fun and plenty of fish were caught. The beauty of The Red is her multi species action, and tonight she didn't disappoint. I think we saw a dozen species take a hook.

·
Registered
545 Posts
That’s why we like fishing there, when you get a bite you don’t know what it is until you real it in and you can be surprised sometimes with what you catch.
As important as it is to go out and target specific species sometimes, the most fun I have fishing is just fun fishing and never knowing what might be on the line till it surfaces. The Red is the best place for this, no question.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are often people launching canoes or kayaks there. Fishing from a canoe could get you away from the crowds. Also you could access other areas that you couldn’t reach as easily from shore. I have seen people fish the Red river where Netley Creek joins it. Or you could go up Netley Creek.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts