Manitoba Fishing Forum - The Premier Fishing Forum Of Manitoba banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the hurt on the fish at lock port this weekend. Caught about 40 on Saturday between me and my son. It was a pretty equal 50/50 split between sauger and walleye. My 7 year old was pretty pumped he was catching. Current was wicked strong. Had a hard time feeling bottom with a 3/8 oz jig. We couldn’t see anything with the flashers. It was old school fishing for us. All came on a jig and a minnow. Maybe 4 or 5 on a dead stick.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so we started at about 12 feet of water. And caught 3 fish in 3 hours then we started drilling and we found fish at about 14-15 feet basically in the deepest part of the river. We were using live minnows but the fish were not biting the dead stick. I would feed the minnow through the mouth and then through the body further down on a 3/8 oz jig. Once we figured that out it was game on. Basically hole hopping was the name of the game. It was really fun with no electronics.

·
Registered
107 Posts
How’s the fishing been at Lockport like to take kids out either Monday or Tuesday weathers looking decent

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I was u fish the deep water and don’t waste your time with a dead stick. 3/8 jig and a minnow drill a ton of holes and spend no more than 5 min per hole. U will figure out what holes are catching fish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts