Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to Lockport today for about 4 hours and no luck :-x Nothing but snag after snag ! The fish were jumping and surfacing all day! People were landing fish right next to us even! Just wondering on what kind of bait I should be using and where I should be fishing ? I was fishing on the left side by the boat launch. Any help would be much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
If your looking for big Carp talk to Czechstop he landed a couple Masters there the other night.

·
Banned
5,260 Posts
Went out to Lockport today for about 4 hours and no luck :-x Nothing but snag after snag ! The fish were jumping and surfacing all day! People were landing fish right next to us even! Just wondering on what kind of bait I should be using and where I should be fishing ? I was fishing on the left side by the boat launch. Any help would be much appreciated!!!
cant go wrong with night crawlers. You will catch all species with them! You might want to consider modifying your shore rig with some type of breakaway system. A three way swivel, with a lighter pound test leading to your sinker. This way if your sinker snags, you can break it off without loosing the whole rig. As for the fish surfacing, they are carp. Frustrating when your not catching, but you won't catch those surfacing anyways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts