Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

Lockport Cats - June 10, 2020

959 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dmolnar27 
#1 ·
Decided to try fly fishing for an evening. After all the rain we got the water level went up and the floodway got some more water and fish. Quite a few people were fly fishing in the floodway. Using a standard woolly bugger, I managed to get a couple catfish, as well as a lot of drum. This in my opinion is one of the most pleasant ways to fish Lockport. You can wade to get out far away from the googans and you don't need bait and get your hands dirty. Drum will never swallow your hooks.

Overall action was pretty fast paced. The fish were striking very close to where I was standing. In fact a couple times when I was lifting the fly out of the water to start a new cast I would inadvertently set the hook on another cat. It's amazing how large these fish are and they are just swimming right under our noses.

So if you're want to get into fly fishing, Lockport is an amazing place. Lots of casting room and relatively easy fishing.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.