Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hooked up with a member Brady early Dec & went to LW. He was running a clinic. He had easily over a dozen fish. Several eaters. Some smaller ones released. 24,25,26 & I think a 27. He was hoping for his first 28. He caught them all with the baitball. I've used it at the same time trying other LT lures. Both worked well when the fish were active. Marks on the sonar with suspended fish which usually are the more active aggressive fish. I've had my marcum camera set up & I've seen them come in quickly. I've also seen them slowly slip in right along the bottom. Some have taken. Some have been scared off. Camera on the lake sure helps. I can really adjust my presentation to their mood.
Can't agree more with the value of the u/w camera. We were fishing a couple of weeks ago and started with the sonar... no marks at all. On a whim I dropped the camera down and sure enough there were good sized fish laying in between large rocks. I dropped a chartreuse jig and a salty and... nothing. Half a dozen came right up, looked and moved on. I set my son up with the same sized jog head, same salty except this time with a pink tail and he had a strike within 20 seconds. I watched them swim by the set up that worked the day before and jump on the new colour.

Same thing on presentation, I took my niece and nephew and observed one catch with a measured presentation and one scare them off being too jerky. Once he slowed down, the bite was on.

·
Administrator
5,019 Posts
I fully agree that a UW camera can be a huge advantage when teamed with a flasher. Gives you the advantage of seeing what presentation the fish are more inclined to hit, and which ones send them running. With a flasher cause of your ducer beam you can be marking a fish, but that fish can be feet off from your bait, and you wouldnt know. Not slamming flashers, nor would i ever hit the ice without mine, but if you pair up your flasher and an UW camera, especially in clear water, you boost your chances of success greatly. IMO

61 - 80 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.