Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

Lithium Battery Replacement

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  PrarieSurfer 
#1 ·
Looking at replacing my present SLA with a LiFePO4 12v 100Ah lithium. Have any members here purchased or have used batteries from CANBAT. Any issues, problems or are you satisfied with the product. Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey, I am in the same vote this season, plus after spending 5 nights out on the ice at the end of the season would love the convenience of having one of these for extended hard ice trips. Curious as to what price the 100ah lithium batteries are at Canada Battery and their dependability compared with Dakota or the Amped Outdoors batteries??

Thanks
Wayne

#3 ·
There's one out of Alberta I believe that says they source from the same factory as Dakota Lithium but provide a shorter warranty. There are a lot of other options on Amazon and in the US. Haven't too many people complaining about any brand online. Check out Live technology FB pages, RV FB pages, etc. as there's a lot of people using these bigger batteries on them than I would be imagine are on MFF.

#6 · (Edited)
I have two Backwoods 100ah LiFePO4 batteries from Backwoods Lithium, use them for various tasks including powering my ice shack, 2nd season just past for one of them, the other is a 6 months old. I have pretty good knowledge in LFP products, been using LFP batteries since before anyone really knew they existed, 12 years or so now, probably 3 or 4 different brands.. Backwoods at about 1/2 the cost of Dakota Lithium's, with pretty well the same specs and even the same cases and handles but just a different color as the Dakota
product, you can almost buy two for the price of one Dakota............I am way ahead of the game and don't care about the so called 11 year warranty, you certainly pay for it. Read the fine print on the Dakota warranty!!!!!. When I bought my first Backwoods battery just over two years ago.........without saying exactly so, they pretty well said it's a Dakota in a Backwoods case. As far as chargers go, I use Noco Genius 10's, I also have Renogy battery capacity meters on my power centers. Nothing but great things to say about Backwoods, the company and the product.

I am also very fond of Amped Outdoors LFP product, I have several of their batteries too and I also supply them for customers who want a battery along with any of the power boxes I build and sell, I estimate I've probably supplied 60+ Amped batteries in the last year, in 12, 18 and 30ah, not one bad report or negative comment about them, great company and product.

Electronic instrument Gadget Audio equipment Gas Bumper
Font Material property Technology Electronic device Auto part
Camera accessory Bag Auto part Font Luggage and bags

#7 ·
Anyone run a lithium deep cycle trolling motor battery and have some reviews on run-time, charge time etc.? I see Dakota has a 54AH one for around that $600 mark, the deep cycle regular one i have now works fine but with the weight of it, I'm leaning more to one of the lithium ones even at the advanced cost just for the convenience and weight savings. Running an older (2000s) Minn-kota 55lb thrust trolling motor on a Lund SSV 16 Tiller

#8 · (Edited)
The 54ah LFP would have about the same run time as one of the better quality group 27 or group 31 lead acid deep cycles, those are usually rated at about 90 to 110 ah. Remember you'd need a LFP specific battery charger as well. Hard to give an opinion on specific run time as it totally depends on how one uses the electric motor, how long at what setting, etc..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.