Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at replacing my present SLA with a LiFePO4 12v 100Ah lithium. Have any members here purchased or have used batteries from CANBAT. Any issues, problems or are you satisfied with the product. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, I am in the same vote this season, plus after spending 5 nights out on the ice at the end of the season would love the convenience of having one of these for extended hard ice trips. Curious as to what price the 100ah lithium batteries are at Canada Battery and their dependability compared with Dakota or the Amped Outdoors batteries??

Thanks
Wayne
Hi Wayne.
I looked at the Blackwoods lithium and they carry both Dakota and CanBat. DAKOTA Lithium 12V 100AH Deep Cycle LIFEPO4 Battery & Free 10ah Charge
Pricing for the Dakota is $1200 +tax ( 11 year warranty) -on sale now-
and the CanBat (cold weather) is $1190 +tax (not sure about charger yet) 10 year warranty.

Which is the better battery?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone run a lithium deep cycle trolling motor battery and have some reviews on run-time, charge time etc.? I see Dakota has a 54AH one for around that $600 mark, the deep cycle regular one i have now works fine but with the weight of it, I'm leaning more to one of the lithium ones even at the advanced cost just for the convenience and weight savings. Running an older (2000s) Minn-kota 55lb thrust trolling motor on a Lund SSV 16 Tiller
I just pulled the trigger on a Backwoods in house 105Ah for $799. Not that much more than the 54Ah Dakota. With charger shipping and tax the damage was $930 CDN. I spent time searching several brands and I had a lengthy conversation with the owner about the construction and warranty. (also check availability)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good to know, I haven't delved too deep into them besides a cursory search recently, I had heard about them a few years ago but the prices were insane. Seems like there are a fair few brands out there now and dont have to pay for the name.
The Backwoods 105Ah works out to $7.60/Ah.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts