Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at doing a guided trip for lakers and wondering wha the best time of year would be to go for them

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
I would love to catch some eater Lake Trout but have no idea were to go. I wonder if there is any good places in our provincial Parks.? Hit up Bower lake got a few bites but I would love to try some other trout lakes but fishing for trout seems like a whole other ball game. I have no idea what to use or what to look for when fishing for them. But I would love to head out with someone that is experienced at this a give it a go.

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
:idea: Best thing to do is ask your guide. Most lakes will fish differently from one another.

In the Sioux Narrows area, typically Feb is a weak month for Lake Trout. This comes from a local Lodge owner. We have done well in Feb but it's good to listen to general rules when booking a trip to get on the best bite possible.

·
Administrator
5,017 Posts
Great info mike. I'll get you the name of the guy and the place my buddy Celtic16 used last season. He did pretty well. I'll find out and let ya know when your back from Phoenix

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great info mike. I'll get you the name of the guy and the place my buddy Celtic16 used last season. He did pretty well. I'll find out and let ya know when your back from Phoenix
That would be awesome I've narrowed it down to a few different guys but still not sure yet

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you're into fishing Northern Manitoba there's a few good camps that rent cabins on the lake and offer a guide for the day for fairly reasonable rates this is around the paw and flin flon. I'm headed up mid March

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you're into fishing Northern Manitoba there's a few good camps that rent cabins on the lake and offer a guide for the day for fairly reasonable rates this is around the paw and flin flon. I'm headed up mid March

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I wish I had the gear to do one of those northern trips! I caught my first Laker last spring on woods and I am hooked on them

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts