Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone is going out to the big lake today? If so i would really like to hear how it was. please and thank-you

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went out to chalet beach today and fished in 8 fow and nothing. Only went out about a km,It was really rough going. lots of people out and no one went very far.Might try baslam next weekend.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Quite a few guys out at Balsam on Boxing Day. Like usual, some did well some not so much. There is a bite out on the lake, you just have to find them.

I fished around 10'. Donavan was catching in 17' I think. I am sure he will post something.

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
We fished at Balsam in 14 fow we marked several had 1 biter and lost 1 at the hole. We were about 1/2-3/4 mile staight out from the harbor... We tried everything but a different spot... Jigs, Darters, Live Targets, Rapala Rattlers & live minnows

·
Registered
65 Posts
Fished from 9-12:30 Lots of lookers, very lite bite. 1 18" and 1 24". First day out, very nice weather. East side.

·
Banned
2,212 Posts
South West side (not Chalet).
Lost one in 6' of water
Caught a 17' Football in 8'
Ice was 14", but very rough, some water around Ice ridges.
Quad would be OK, but wouldn't take a truck out yet.
You may get out, but getting back?? if cracks open up.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Yeah it was a good first day on Big Windy today. Marked a crap load of fish and caught a bunch of suspended eyes My biggest was 25- 26". Lee you were really on them good for a while! You should have seen our flashers in the last 30 minutes when the windy was howling before dark...seen that a few times before eh ;)

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
you drive on Donovan? how thick is the ice??

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
i'm heading out wednesday with Colin and my father in law, he's in from Kitchener for the holidays

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Hey Blackwater, we were the group just east of you with all the kids, we did real good, they were biting pretty well everything, only one skunk out of ten of us, shore lunch was great, mostly all off the bottom, few suspended, nephew caught 3 species, LX7 worked great, Lee glad you stopped in for a bit, always a pleasure, that clear ice sure makes you want to stop but glad we didn't, can't wait for next trip back to the lake.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
fiveontheice said:
Hey Blackwater, we were the group just east of you with all the kids, we did real good, they were biting pretty well everything, only one skunk out of ten of us, shore lunch was great, mostly all off the bottom, few suspended, nephew caught 3 species, LX7 worked great, Lee glad you stopped in for a bit, always a pleasure, that clear ice sure makes you want to stop but glad we didn't, can't wait for next trip back to the lake.
Cant wait for Friday and Parkland with you! ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
fiveontheice said:
Great to hear. You were the group to the east of us early in the day around noon? Lee drove past you to come see us and then back past you when he left at noon?

I ask because we didn't see many suspended fish until we hit deeper water later on in the day. you must have been in 14-15 feet over there?

Great to hear you had a good day especially when the kids are along, will have to stop next time and join you for the fish fry...mmmm :lol:

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Yes that was us, always drop please cause we almost always have a fry, even brought some ready to go just in case we wear a stripe, but yesterday was a good one, Lee dropped by after he left you guys, mostly we got from the bottom, but we had a few nice ones about half way up, going back out Thursday morning with some other friends with 3 kids, it will be a first for them so hope the fish are still close. Have a buddy out right now and put him the vecinity and he is catching quite a few.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tkx guys.i think we will try balsam. i hear it better driving and would like to get out about 2 mile out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts