Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had no luck on lake Winnipeg tried many times in bulsam bay and by Warner road and never caught anything I’ve tried all kinds and can’t find fish anyone have any tips or suggestions to figuring out this lake

·
Registered
551 Posts
the basics for LW south basin really aren't too tough. Get as close to the mouth as you can. Rattle bait active rod and dead stick jig and saltie. 10-15fow. You SHOULD have success that way, most of the time...

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Be careful in front of the mouth at this time of year - ice will be unstable in areas with current flow - but stay within a few km of mouth and you'll find fish
I fished there a few yers back and was drilling a line to find the channel at the mouth - holes were 3ft, 3ft, 3ft, 6"..... water was swirling in the 6" hole and super muddy - yes I backed up!

·
Registered
272 Posts
fishing the LW, its all about mobility if you want to catch consistent fish, which is track machine or atv and utv. truck does the job if you are experience traveling (personally dont recommend driving to mouth there's a lot of going on warner to mouth right now with your inexperience and with redriver is done for the season there no other way of going out) .. personally my rule of thumb 5-10min to a spot without any marking ill move.the style of bait is no secret, Google search plenty of anglers share about this info, rattle bait,spoon and jig w/salty. if you are doing it alone w/family maybe try gimli area up to riverton, its bit longer drive but your chance of catching is a lot higher without driving 15-20km on the lake

·
Registered
65 Posts
Try driving up to hecla and fishing off the top of the island. You can drive on at the harbour. Easy access, fish 22-30 feet and you are bound to catch something. Not the best fishing but it’s pretty consistent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.