Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished one of the river flowing to LW over the weekend.. 62F water temp
found something good and very un-usual specially if comparing couple years back. did some side scanning on my old numbers, couldnt believed it. stacked pile of fish, still no clue what kind. so we position the boat, couple minutes later they start biting like crazy, back to back
caught a lot walleye, 4 over 28" and pile of 16"-24" walleye, 14-17FOW, fished 1ft off bottom steady twitch and donk. very aggressive bite

Could be a start of amazing fall walleye bite.

***PSA beware of boaters on a bent rod pattern LOL! my fishing rod is bent, caught the fish in the net, the dude was on plane and stop right away and park beside me

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
PSA beware of boaters on a bent rod pattern LOL! my fishing rod is bent, caught the fish in the net, the dude was on plane and stop right away and park beside me
That's the normal for hecla. Had a big Lund drop out of warp speed with the Ulterra ready to hit the water before they reached me. I had a gopro pole that I was trying out so maybe they thought I was some hotshot YouTuber. Nope, just little old me with a 29" walleye. They stayed for a while and when they didn't catch anything they left.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If they are not too close by it's a perfect time to pull a bullhead out of the livewell, hold it up and say "found the bullhead honeyhole!" :)
haha, the funny part. the moment he stop, he kinda looking around "pretending scanning for fish" didnt say anything just laughing, because i know he park probably in 5-7ft of water.. the dude basically waste 2hrs didnt catch anything

1 - 5 of 5 Posts