Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Planning on heading to lake Minnewasta for the first time in a couple days to check out the crappie. Never fished those before do you guys just fish like you would for perch? Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I fish them similar to perch. Small tungsten jighead or buckshot spoon. Unlike perch, crappie can be suspended, rather than just sitting at the bottom. Helps to have a flasher to find the suspended ones.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect thanks. Can I point me in the right direction where the best access is?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Perfect thanks. Can I point me in the right direction where the best access is?
Driving on I believe most use the boat launch, it is steep going down and up from it from the top road in.
You will see that most shacks are in the deeper water, straight out from the launch. Not sure if there is a road cleared to the canoe launch, but that would be walk on only as there are bolders preventing vehicals. You would be very shallow there and have to hike it a fair bit to deeper water. I'll try posting a map for you for depth.
If you have a finder try and keep hook above the Crappie, they tend to look up more LOL. Also a minnow on even a 1/4 to 3/8 ounce jig will easily be sucked in by them, if you don't have the small lures.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the info, made it out there. Was there from 3:30 to 5:30. Lots of narks but not really any bites.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts