Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The morning started off like any other, wake up early, eat, and start your journey awaiting what wonders you'll catch. As I'm only 16, I don't have much driving experience. I drove about an hour from Winnipeg to a side of the red river which always seems to produce, 1/4th of the drive there, a large cloud of fogs covers the whole highway, reducing visibility to 10 meters and what makes it even better is driving another 40 minutes in the fog, barely seeing anything. I then turn to a dirt road to take me to the river, then another 20 minutes of driving those terrible mud, and fog on a dirt road, I reach the small creek which flows from the red. What a surprise?! The creek is flooded. Now I'm just pissed. I start re-planning to what was suppose to be a perfect trip. I remember another spot I went to when I was a kid, so without much of a choice, I have to drive there. After another 30 minutes of driving through the mud, the fog, and another dirt road. I finally make it. A beautiful, calm morning. After about an hour and a half of bait fishing and only catching a freshwater drum. I decide to throw a spoon, I'm still not sure why I decided to throw the biggest one I had, but I did. I cast about 30 times, and on the final cast, I get distracted and look away from my rod, as my spoon sinks to the bottom, I begin to retrieve it. Suddenly my line just stops, my heart begins to race, and bam, the line just shoots out. After a good fight, and me almost sure it was a pike, I pull out a 23" walleye. My heart still pumping, I repeat what I did and try catching another, with no luck, I move further down. After several cast, my line stops again, this time, its something bigger, much bigger. Again excepting a pike, I pull out a 28" walleye. I couldn't believe my eyes. Put up a heck of a fight.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,828 Posts
Right on! You deserved a good catch! Never hesitate to change up lures. :thumb::thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts