Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
What were you using and what area? I was there on Saturday and got three tiny pike below the damn on a white twister tail, but fished right above the damn for an hour with a pickerel rig and a catfish rig with no bites.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Red Devil. Went again today. Only fished for 1 hour. Didn't catch anything. Just a fish following the lure. Sorry didn't get back to you sooner!

·
Registered
1 Posts
What were you using and what area? I was there on Saturday and got three tiny pike below the damn on a white twister tail, but fished right above the damn for an hour with a pickerel rig and a catfish rig with no bites.
Hey this is a dumb question but what part is considered above and below the dam? Is the main part of la barrier park below the dam?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone been to La Barriere recently? I'm wondering if things have improved with all the rain in the last 2-3 weeks.
I went today with my kids. Water is up higher than it has been most of the summer. It's even flowing steadily over the dam. I caught a small pike just above the dam on a white twister tail and my son was getting some nibbles on a worm 2 feet below a bobber, but wasn't able to hook any. I had no luck below the dam with a mepps spinner and the worms/bobber combo. There were a lot of floating weeds to avoid. I would've liked to try out some other bait/lures, but my kids were getting antsy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No luck with spinners or up river near then main walk bridge.

We got lots of bites and landed a few very small ones with a bobber and worms near the dam. It was better than nothing, not great, better than getting skunked. Still fun.

Lots of kayakers, canoes and weeds.

Plant Organism Yellow Grass Adaptation Finger Grass Fish Glove Bicycle glove

·
Registered
4 Posts
My son and I were here this morning. Quite a few bites up steam of the bridge (That's a nasty bump on the road just before the bridge - fortunately it's marked by some pylons). We were catching small cats. No luck down stream from the bridge - other than weeds and snags.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts