1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
122 Posts
A few guys posted where there was a good bite and right away the spots get just hammered. There are way more lurkers than posters... I dont give location. A good story and pics are all that needs to be posted people can find their own fish IMO.

·
Registered
69 Posts
KFD-18 said:
A few guys posted where there was a good bite and right away the spots get just hammered. There are way more lurkers than posters... I dont give location. A good story and pics are all that needs to be posted people can find their own fish IMO.
I couldnt agree more. Fish school up and move around, get away from the crowds so they dont have to get through 300 other jigs before they find yours.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yeah, there were alot of people out there this morning. Got there early and set up away from where we thought the crowds would be. Then people started setting up around us, i guess they thought we knew a good spot or something. Heard augers going for about an hour or so. Caught afew suager and one 20.5" greenback, not bad for the first time out this year.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
you see this all the time. A good bite is happening, a few guys spill the beans, then it gets hammered for 5 days and the bite sucks...it is what it is. I like to share info and help people catch fish but I really don't like talking locations. I have gone out on a number of times after hearing about a good bite knowing full well I probably missed the boat but I go anyway only to find out what I already knew. Should have been here a week ago..lol. Staring to see it more and more myself, you catch more when you get away from the pack, but there are exceptions.

·
Registered
39 Posts
EOM is obviously no secret.....access is so good there that a good bite or bad there will 100 trucks there on a Saturday with -3 temperatures so I'm not sure why this would surprise anyone? IMO all these locations like CIL, FPB, and EOM get hammered on a regular basis, summer or winter for that matter. Didnt fish the masses today and myself and my buddy picked up a limit each and a couple throw backs from 8-11. Great morning to be out.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I was a real early bird this morning as the wife was ready on time for a change and got to work at 6:30 sharp.40 minutes later i was there.Close to 30 vehicles already in the parking lot

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
No surprise that there is a crowd at EOM when most of the usual haunts are not producing fish. Float plane base and CIL road usually produce good numbers of fish at first ice but this year. The hundred or more fisherman that would normally be on those spots have just gone where the bite is. You will notice that there are only a handful of shelters at FPB or CIL when there would usually be dozens or more. Once the ice thickens enough to drive, the fishermen will spread out or head to the lake.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Tons of people there, ive been fishing that area for a couple years now and ive never seen numbers like today. I was surprised no one had driven on yet with 15" of ice under the shack. Managed 5 eaters from 830-11, set up in 25 fow, maybe take a drive to the cut tomorrow.

·
Registered
123 Posts
One guy drove out down netley to the cut yesterday. Not sure I would do it but.... We were fishing a little more east of everyone had had about 11" most every where we drilled.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts