Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Every one of those shit for brains should never see a rod or gun again. What kind of disrespectful scum would leave fish on the ice to decay! And as far as the Swan river scene the locals wont be happy until there are no moose anywhere. Rites or not the area is closed for all! Conservation in my opinion has stepped up the past year especially against the moose poaching. Yes could always get better but what this province offers for conservation definitely improved! Some of those fines aren’t exactly deterrents either.

·
Registered
841 Posts
When you point your middle digit to the rest of the law abiding respectful hunters & fishers. When you say f u to the laws & regs. When you get caught and equipment and vehicles are seized. Why are you not banned for minimum 10 yrs. In extreme situations permanentl. Why are the vehicles and toys not auctioned off and the monies put into conservation. Why is fishing equipment not seized and donated to youth groups and fishing clubs. Why are the seized guns not sold off at auction. Must hold proof of valid PAL. I DO NOT GIVE A SH*T if you’re white, black, brown, purple. I DO NOT GIVE A SH*T if you are First Nation/indigenous, Métis or harvester. When there are no moose or some body of water gets overfished and fishing going into spawning periods and there’s no fish left. Do not come whining, crying saying what happened. There’s no moose. No elk. No fish. These strategies are in place to ensure the long term sustainability so we can pass what many take for granted and pass it onto future generations. THIS LAST POINT IS FOR ALL FIRST NATION CHIEFS. MÉTIS LEADERS. You make boastful claims to be stewards of the land. So heres my challenge. Be leaders. Show the way. Spread the concept short term sacrifice for long term gain. Otherwise closures will permanent and the only moose one will see are statues the like the one in Riverton or pictures online and in a book. And to the mods/admins. Yes these are sensitive talking points. Yes they are controversial subjects. The dialogue has to start. Everyone who has a vested interest should be genuinely fearful and support proactive approaches. I would insist this post not be removed.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts