Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a nice comfy start on the last 2 outings to the secret spot Sat/Mon.Line went in around 8 both days.Baked in the boat bigtime even with soaking the hat and t shirt in the water to try to stay cool.The allure of floating in the pool back at the cabin sipping a cold Miller became somewhat irresistable around 1:30 both days so got in roughly 5 hours fishing each trip.Hooked 5 and boated 5 Saturday.Nothing big except for 1:the biggest of the season so far @51".Monday saw a little bit better action.14 hooked and 10 in the boat this time!!!Varied in length from 27-47"with 1 being tagged.Moved around a bit bit on Sat. but stayed put Monday.2 hours in and only 1 fish made me consider a change in location but decided to tough it out where i had set up.Good Call as someone turned on the light switch and it was game on until my somewhat reluctant departure shortly after lunch.Here's a few of what i caught and a shot of of how much the water level over the spillway has changed

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MNTMAN said:
isnt that last picture 8 foot falls?
It's the Spillway Bud :D Normally in the spring the entire area is inundated with fast moving whitewater which slowly drops during the summer months.This is the least amount of water flowing through here that i've ever seen.Last fall at this time there still was a pretty good flow dead center but it's barely moving now.Even the 2 big marker bouys nearby are standing vertical now.If you want to see it up close and personal from my boat i will be at Pt. again Sept. long.Still a pretty good chance to get some dinos IMHO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts