Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon Anglers!

I'm looking to do some fishing this weekend but I am a little bit concerned about the water situation... I could shore fish from lockport but Id rather explore some small ponds win my inflatable boat. I was thinking of reynolds ponds but I'd like to hear where the rest of you like to go.

Another thought: Is birds hill worth it?

·
Registered
125 Posts
PJ, i had the same idea about Birds Hill last year in the ice season but was quite disappointed. The aerator wasn't working and most of the "lake" there to fish is three feet deep and choked with weeds. A couple hours later at multiple spots and no marks at all had me ready to bounce. would be pretty surprised if any survived Winter kill unless they fixed that aerator.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PJ, i had the same idea about Birds Hill last year in the ice season but was quite disappointed. The aerator wasn't working and most of the "lake" there to fish is three feet deep and choked with weeds. A couple hours later at multiple spots and no marks at all had me ready to bounce. would be pretty surprised if any survived Winter kill unless they fixed that aerator.
Thanks Urban, that’s too bad. Hopefully I get some other ideas from other members. Otherwise I might have some info for the guys watching the Reynolds ponds thread. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’m not getting why everyone’s got this burning itch to get on the water. Yeah the calendar says it’s open water season. Mother Nature is on a different timetable. Wait a few weeks. Let the temps warm up. Ice melt. Fish finish spawning. Use this time to get at those honey do lists wives and girl friends have going.
I spread 2 yards of topsoil on my yard, seeded, rolled, raked, instead of fishing.

Took a drive to my local fishing hole yesterday just to look....not even close to fishable.

Reactions: Wolo99
1 - 12 of 12 Posts