Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never been ice fishing in my life, just not into it, but have family coming over Xmas and looking for things to do with kids. I know there are a couple ice shack rentals out there, just wondering when they start up? Also, a very rough cost for the day, and what I need to bring. Like I said I don't do it, so am not equipped for ice fishing.

Thanks

·
Registered
567 Posts
there's a few options for you, but this is a really good one. When you split it among a group of people, it's dirt cheap...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would consider contacting Donovan at Blackwater Cats if you want to catch fish to keep the kids interested...pretty sure as he lives in Selkirk that he could hook you up for an awesome sauger day on the Red where your kids would have a blast catching numerous fish....blackwatercats.com....check out the site, I am sure once he knows that kids are involved that he will give you a pretty competitive price, very ethical family guy.....good luck!

Wayne

·
Administrator
1,555 Posts

You may want to consider them if you want a bit of shield country. Just another option.

These are more luxurious but you can spend overnighters. They offer guiding as well so this is more on the pricier side.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Ice castle rental from Red River Cats would be a great way to keep guests happy and to introduce kids to ice fishing (if you can afford it). One thing I've seen time and time again from people who were invited to ice fishing for the first time was that it was boring looking at hole for hours, it was cold and they just wanted to go home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts