Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

Humminbird Transducer question

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  abousetta 
#1 ·
I can't seem to find any info on this. I have a piranhamax 197c that I have rigged up for summer and winter. I'm currently using the same transducer for both. I'd like to get a second transducer for it, ideally an ice ducer. But there doesn't seem to be too many options for this model. My question is, if the plug-in is the same, will it still work, despite the different cone angles? If so, that may open up a few other options for me. Has anyone tried anything like this? Maybe a silly question. I don't know a ton about fishing electronics.

#4 ·
The Humminbird XI 9 20 ice transducer is what you need..... I JUST set up the same unit to allow me to use it ice fishing...... it won't recognize the transducer at first...but if you are going this route, and get the parts....send me a PM and I can give you settings directions. (a buddy of mine bought the same unit and did the same also)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.