Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having problems with updating software on there Helix finders? I have been talking somewhat to there tech line before performing this task. After trying several times the unit does not recognize the micro sd card....followed many tips online but no go. It appears I am not the only one with this problem!....I will try the Humminbird tech support tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
4,399 Posts
Anyone else having problems with updating software on there Helix finders? I have been talking somewhat to there tech line before performing this task. After trying several times the unit does not recognize the micro sd card....followed many tips online but no go. It appears I am not the only one with this problem!....I will try the Humminbird tech support tomorrow.
I have updated many and just recently their new update v2.280 and the new base map up date 1.031 with no issues. I know folks have had issues when they try to use too big of a card........I use 16GB class 10, I believe they say to use 32GB class 10 or smaller, and it must be formatted.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I am trying to do that same update but using a 64 gb card ....states "a formatted 32GB Class 10 or MMC/SD card" doesn't say or smaller, on there website update page I was on....and my card is new but updated it anyway....this is allot more grief than it should be....Humminbird techies better sharpen there pencils! If its that finicky they should provide the correct card at purchase!

·
Premium Member
4,399 Posts
I am trying to do that same update but using a 64 gb card ....states "a formatted 32GB Class 10 or MMC/SD card" doesn't say or smaller, on there website update page I was on....and my card is new but updated it anyway....this is allot more grief than it should be....Humminbird techies better sharpen there pencils! If its that finicky they should provide the correct card at purchase!
It says so in my instructions and has said the same in every update I have ever done, probably done twenty or so in the last few years. Too big of a card would be your issue!

Updates using a 16GB card go very smoothly for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
anyone else having issues with the FishSmart app not connecting to Helix 7 and not being able to transfer over Bluetooth?

·
Premium Member
4,399 Posts
it the HELIX 7 SI G2N... it connects but then wont recognize card or transfer map by Bluetooth.
Now I'm confused!

You're trying to update the operating system with a file loaded onto a sd card? And also trying to load a map via bluetooth?

The card needs to be formatted and 32 GB or smaller, the file needs to be exactly for the unit you are updating, there will be several files listed, so care needs to be taken selecting the correct one.

Not sure what the BT issue could be, if it connects to BT should really be no issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Now I'm confused!

You're trying to update the operating system with a file loaded onto a sd card? And also trying to load a map via bluetooth?

The card needs to be formatted and 32 GB or smaller, the file needs to be exactly for the unit you are updating, there will be several files listed, so care needs to be taken selecting the correct one.

Not sure what the BT issue could be, if it connects to BT should really be no issue.
think I am gonna have to call their support line cause I completed the update and the app still says it needs to update but it list an older version …. i was able to do both the map i purchased as well as the software update by card … it is a 32 GB as recommended and worked when done with the card

Maybe its an issue with the App????

And now i am also getting a message saying "this device is not supported" i am using an iPhone 11 … and this is why i hate electronics lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts