Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Been looking around and I see lots of mods being done to flip over shacks. Not being able to buy a sled/quad this year I will be keeping my hub style shelters for the season. I was wondering what if/any mods you have done to your hub style shelter?

Haven't done any mods to our Command Post but added in fan/light combos at the top of each peak. We have gear such as adjustable rod holders, the clam chairs with built in coolers, a bluetooth speaker for when we want some tunes, hang our jackets on the back of our chairs.

Trying to figure out what else if anything we can do?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I replaced the frustrating little string tie downs with cargo straps (not a ratchet strap, but the kind with a simple toothed clamp) so that setting up and teardown was faster. All the little loose stuff (the fan, food, rods, etc) would be moved in a large Plano case, so that it could be lifted off the truck or sleigh right into the shelter. The Plano case would double as a table surface, which was really nice when sitting in an inch of water. I liked Eskimo's ice anchors more than Clam's, so I picked up a set of those.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts