Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tinner that I'm trying to remodel. It has a leak that I would like to address. Is there a method to seal it? I don't have welding capability. It's a boat that I don't use extremely often so I don't want to spend a ton fixing it.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
820 Posts
If it’s a crack, use JB Weld. Proper prep is all too important to be overlooked to do a lasting repair.

Summer rig: 2009 Crestliner 1700 Fish Hawk, 90 Merc 4S, Minn Kota PD V2 AP, US2, Humminbird 788Ci, Humminbird 570.

·
Registered
91 Posts
replacing rivets is easy. I'm and AME and it is one of the first things we learn how to do. If you need some advice DM me and I will help out.

·
Registered
471 Posts
It's from loose rivets.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk
As pointed out, replacing loose rivets is pretty easy in a tinner, as you do not have a floor to remove. Youtube will help.

With my old tinner, I couldn't find any loose rivets, but I knew the water was coming in from the back of the boat. My friend was an airplane mechanic and he came over with some expired epoxy used for patching airplane fuel tanks. The stuff was hundreds of dollars, but since it was expired, they could not use it even though it was perfectly OK. We prepped the back of my boat with a wire brush on a drill. Mixed the epoxy and put it on. Next day, I painted over it. Didn't leak for the next 3 summers at which point, I sold the boat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts