Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious because the weather is already getting cold although I figure the water is still probably warm not for long though. So the question is how late in the year do you go and what size/kind of boat do you have? I think I see more bigger boats out there late in the year. :?:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Fall time is one of the best times of year to catch big fish it seems. I've been out up until early Dec some years,, have to break ice to launch and then have to rebreak ice to the dock. Tiz the season when the fat girls come out and play. :fish2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Im usually out Musky Hunting until our Bay freezes in, Last year we made it open water fishing until Nov 28. On the ice at Breezy point Dec 18. Some years we have to Break ice to get out of our bay. The big girls like to come out and play as the water gets closer to freeze up. Do be shy of the fall just be safe, get a floter suit and ensure someone know exactly where you are headed as there are not may boats out this time of year.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I go till the dirty end
Mind you the cabellas insulated guide wear i Got a couple of years ago sure helps
its the best purchase I've made in a long time there amazing worth every penny
This isn't an add its just that they work so good Now if I could only keep my hands warm.I do run a propane heater with me and fire it up to unthaw my hands which works well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry, and to answer the question I have a 17ft with a 90hp. I also have a full top set in which I set up a sunflower heater as we are only trolling this time of year much like crankestine it sounds.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
I usually only go to the end of September, then it's hunting season for me

·
Registered
552 Posts
Latest i've ventured out was Nov 11, only two boats at Pinefalls, Snowed all afternoon!

Where you one of the guys on that boat 01durango?

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Was out till the 1st weekend in November last year in the Whiteshell. We did Jessica and Brereton the Saturday & Big Whiteshell on the Sunday. Was great fishing on all 3 lakes!

·
Registered
44 Posts
fishing is relaxing said:
I was curious because the weather is already getting cold although I figure the water is still probably warm not for long though. So the question is how late in the year do you go and what size/kind of boat do you have? I think I see more bigger boats out there late in the year. :?:
Till my bottom bouncer wont pokee thru the water spout on my motor

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts