Manitoba Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Three 18" - 20" jack out of Hazel creek in just over an hour. Was nice to cast with the sun shining on my face.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Amazing opener, water temp 48-51f later in the afternoon.. targeting shallow and mid depth range walleye, shallow bite 5-8fow is mostly male 18-20" and 15-22' fow has some big ladys but a lot of males too

·
Registered
56 Posts
15 drum in 3 hours at Lockport from shore. No cats. Shrimp and catfish rig. Still fun!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lockport was amazingly today. Can’t count how many drum we caught. Also managed several catfish including 3 master anglers. Caught all on pickerel rigs and minors or worms. Started just after 7am to about 11am.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think you will always get some snags at Lockport. However, I look for the spots on the shoreline that aren’t as rocky, areas that have more sand or mud. I also find you don’t need to cast very far at Lockport to catch fish. I have caught master angler catfish casting 10 - 15 feet from shore and I think I get more snags when I try to cast further.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think you will always get some snags at Lockport. However, I look for the spots on the shoreline that aren’t as rocky, areas that have more sand or mud. I also find you don’t need to cast very far at Lockport to catch fish. I have caught master angler catfish casting 10 - 15 feet from shore and I think I get more snags when I try to cast further.
Thanks so much!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Fished lake LDB on Saturday. Just two keeper walleye as rest were too small. Pike we’re sure hungry though. Lots of 4-6lbs ones so the fight was nice. Buddy was pitching for Bass and was only able to get two 14-15 inchers.
Hit up the Wpg river on Sunday and was not disappointed. Had limits of nice eaters in just over an hr. Was a great to back out in the boat that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts