Manitoba Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys/girls!
New to forum and so far super excited from everything I've already seen, as far as maps of areas and hydro-graphic depth maps etc. I mainly fished with my father in law out in St. Malo and mainly target pike but its usually slow going. I was sort of nervous about going up the river a)because I've heard just packed with anglers b)that the fish weren't worth eating. Reading up on here has made me more comfortable and learning regs better from anglers guide. Also went out to Sandy Hook to a buddies permie for my first ice fish and caught the bug. I went and got a hand auger n lil pull sled asap. Its too bad I'm learning about the cut just now this late in the season as I'd prefer staying closer to the city, but I'll have to venture out on the big lake if cutting puts a kibosh on the river soon. This is off topic for this section maybe, but what size/species do you guys like for eaters. I've like the pike i've caught filleting to get the Y bones out. I just tried my first sauger I had at lockport last week was 14". Taste was good but not a whole of meat on that guy. I figured if Master is 18" i'm not taking the biggest ones to leave em to spawn. Where do you guys find out that zone to eat/release I'd like to make sure I'm being a responible angler.

Thx everyone for all input on forum, its wicked!

·
Registered
401 Posts
welcome to the forum, don't wanna sound like a dyck but if its off topic, chances are theres another forum/sub forum for your querry. use the search and the results will probably blow your mind.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hah ya thanks. I just went on a rant have since made a thread on slot size eaters and have gotten some good responses.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Howdy Welcome aboard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts